Ping G400 Driver
Ping G400 Driver
The new PING G400 Driver replaces the G30 and G families, which were highly successful, but the manufacturer has taken the initiative to improve the adjustable hosel design and other key elements of the club. While it presents players with a smaller and more streamlined body, it packs a surprisingly more powerful punch than its predecessor.
New for 2017
- Reduced drag of roughly 15% overall (40% mid-downswing) due to the improved, bolder turbulators on the crown, streamlined shaping and Vortec Technology
- 9% lighter face is offset by extra weight strategically placed to tighten dispersion
- 6% thinner, all-new forged clubface, delivering a shocking 1.2-2 mph in additional ball speed (at 105 mph swing speed) thanks to 16% more flex at impact
- Advanced to the highest levels of stability and aerodynamics to date
- Better settings on the adjustable hosel (+/- 1 degree in both directions)
The Dragonfly Technology creates an “infinity edge” effect by extending to the skirt, which, when coupled with the bolder turbulators, creates a brilliantly crafted look that is inspiring. The driver features an internal rib structure, for improving feel and sound, as well as the deepest CG and highest MOI from the manufacturer thus far. This is achieved, in part, by the ultra-thin crown and skirt (Dragonfly Technology) and high-density tungsten back weight.
Unique Forging Process
To tighten dispersion more than ever before, additional weight was placed strategically, made possible by a thinner and lighter face than that of the club’s predecessor. The T9S+ face is powered by a patented heat-treatment process and unique forging process that produce a hotter, thinner impact area.
Going above and beyond, PING have outdone themselves with precision-tuned frequencies within the internal architecture of the club, producing a more muted and deeper sound. This achievement was based on “music theory,” and the result of computer simulations and extensive research. The final product is a sound that is both satisfying and confidence-building.
Order the all-new PING G400 Driver from the internet’s leading stockist, Golfgeardirect.co.uk, for the entire 2017 G400 range: Drivers (including the Low Spin Technology Drivers and Straight Flight Technology Drivers), Fairway Woods, Hybrids, Crossovers, and Irons. Enjoy the fastest delivery speeds and most competitive prices.