Price PromiseFound a cheaper price?
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M Putter
Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5
High-MOI model with toe flow combines forgiveness of a mallet with feel of a blade
Scotty Cameron has added a high-MOI mallet with enhanced toe flow to his new Futura line of putters – the Futura 5.5M – combining the forgiveness of a mallet with the feel of a blade.
Inspired by Scotty’s work with players on the worldwide professional tours, the Futura 5.5M offers a new mallet option featuring the alignment and high-MOI characteristics of the Futura line coupled with a neck configuration that promotes a flowing, arced putting stroke more commonly associated with blade style putters.
Master Putter Maker, Scotty Cameron said of his design: “The idea for the Futura 5.5M began as a prototype when Justin Thomas came to the Putter Studio looking for a new option. He wanted a smaller mallet that he could align easily, but one that also promoted the arced putting stroke he preferred. We welded a flare neck to a Futura X5 Tour putter and sent him on his way. He went on to win three events, reporting back that some of his buddies wanted a putter like his. The wheels started turning from there…”
Scotty continued: “In addition to Justin’s visit, I’d also received requests for a smaller version of the Futura 7M. So, in thinking about this new entry in the world of mallet putters, I was able to blend my MOI and toe flow thoughts into this new model, the Futura 5.5M. To achieve this, I created a leaned over, stainless steel half-neck spud off the topline that accepts a single bend shaft. This is an elegant way to give the player a full shaft of offset and also offer a clean view of the entire leading edge of the topline. The proportion is right. The weight is right. And now we have a mallet with more toe flow for players who like that arcing feel in their stroke, but want more forgiveness.”
The new Futura 5.5M extends the popular Futura line with a model designed for players seeking a smaller mallet with additional toe flow and forgiveness;
- The compact mallet – about 10 percent smaller than the similarly-shaped Futura 7M – is designed for easy alignment with built-in toe flow.
- Shorter single bend shaft configuration for additional toe hang, promoting an arced path and flowing putting stroke.
- Multi-material technology – featuring wrap-around face-sole construction milled from lightweight 6061 aircraft grade aluminium, integrated with precision-milled 303 stainless steel – moves weight back and to the perimeter, allowing for a larger putter head with enhanced high-MOI performance (resistance to twisting during the stroke).
- Tour-proven heel-and-toe sole weighting technology increases stability and forgiveness.
- Mid-milled face with vibration dampening technology offers soft feel with 3.5 degrees of loft to deliver optimum roll characteristics